August 6, 2019
Ana Liffey will provide drug and alcohol welfare services at this years Electric Picnic festival. Our team will be in the welfare tent and on outreach across the weekend, engaging with people to help them make safer choices about drugs and alcohol.
If you are heading to any festival over the rest of the summer, remember our safety tips…
It is always safer not to take drugs, if you decide to use drugs remember:
1. Know your source – if you are getting drugs from someone, do not get them from a complete stranger who you do not trust. You can never be sure of the quality of drugs you are being given or sold, when you get them from a complete stranger it is even riskier.
2. Avoid using alone – if you are going to use drugs, stay with trusted friends who can support you if anything goes wrong, tell them what you are planning to take so they can seek help if you need it.
3. Start with a small test dose and leave at least two hours between use – there is no safe dose of illicit drugs, start with the smallest dose possible in order to see what effect you are getting and to try to avoid adverse effects.
4. Use one drug at a time and never mix with alcohol.
5. Don’t share drug paraphernalia – things like snorters/tooters can have small particles of blood on them which can put you at risk if you share them.
6. Carry a condom – using drugs and alcohol can increase your sex drive. Always carry a condom incase you chose to have sex.
Remember, if you or a friend feel unwell due to drugs or alcohol, go to the medics onsite you will NOT get in to trouble, they are there to help you.